In accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, CheckDeposit.io adheres to the principles of the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission. The seven principles ("Principles") and fifteen Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) referred to in this policy constitute the Safe Harbor privacy framework. These principles and FAQs may be found at: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the CheckDeposit.io website, use CheckDeposit.io Services, or use third-party services which use the CheckDeposit.io application programming interface ("API"), we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site and the pages you accessed on our website. You must be at least 18 years old, or of the applicable age of majority, in order to use CheckDeposit.io Services. CheckDeposit.io does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old.
If you create an account or use CheckDeposit.io Services, we, or our affiliates vendors acting on our behalf may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information - bank account and routing number you provide when you create deposit slips with CheckDeposit.io and choose to store that deposit slip.
When you use CheckDeposit.io Services, we collect information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect information about your computer, mobile device, or other access device for fraud prevention purposes, to monitor for possible breach of your CheckDeposit.io Account, and to identify any malicious software or other activity that may harm CheckDeposit.io or its users.
Finally, we may collect additional information you may disclose to our customer support team.
When you access our website or content or use our application or CheckDeposit.io Services, we or companies we work with may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a CheckDeposit.io customer;
- Customize CheckDeposit.io Services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud and promote trust and safety.
We use both session and persistent cookies when you access our website or content. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them or they expire.
We also use Local Shared Objects, commonly referred to as "Flash cookies," to help ensure that your account security is not compromised, to spot irregularities in behavior to help prevent fraud and to support our sites and services.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. The help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user. CheckDeposit.io takes reasonable precautions, as described herein, to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where CheckDeposit.io facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Full credit card data is securely transferred and hosted off-site by a payment vendor in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). This information is not accessible to CheckDeposit.io staff.
We store our customers" personal information securely throughout the life of the customer"s CheckDeposit.io Account. CheckDeposit.io will retain your personal information for a minimum of five years or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide CheckDeposit.io Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms;
- Customize, measure, and improve CheckDeposit.io Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or CheckDeposit.io Services may not be available to you.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize CheckDeposit.io Services, content and advertising.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions with which we partner.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
CheckDeposit.io will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. Before CheckDeposit.io shares your information with any third party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of CheckDeposit.io, CheckDeposit.io will first ensure that the third party either subscribes to the Principles, or is subject to the European Union"s Directive on Data Protection, or enters into a written agreement with CheckDeposit.io requiring that the third party will provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required by the Principles.
If you establish a CheckDeposit.io account indirectly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a CheckDeposit.io website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
In general, we will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page, and we will provide you with explicit notice of material changes as required by law. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.
How you can access or change your personal information
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us at email@example.com.